In the first international brand and design competition for automakers ever, Audi walked away with a haul of awards. Audi was named the Brand of the Year and won “Best of the Best” in seven of 13 categories along the way.
The Automotive Brand Contest is unique to honor companies for designs of their cars but also their ability to manage their brand and how they communicate their brand. The awards encompass all of the pieces of the automaker where other awards are usually focused on the design of the cars alone.
“Audi has not only been crowned Brand of the Year, but also has been honored in seven wide-ranging categories for design,” said Stefan Sielaff, Head of Audi Design. “We are indeed a little bit proud of this result, because this involves a holistic image of the brand, whether in automotive design or in marketing. Throughout the entire company, we always want to be surprising and to inspire emotions.”
Audi’s Best of the Best wins included:
- Audi e-tron Spyder – Concept & Study Category
- Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro – Accessories & Tuning Category
- LED Matrix Beam (Non-glare LED high-beams) – Components & Technical Category
- Audi Carbon Ski – Lifestyle Category
- Audi AreA1 (Mobile Test Track for A1) – Architecture & Events Category
- Launch Mailing for the Audi Q3 – Print Category
Awards will be given officially at the International Motor Show in Frankfort on Sept. 13.